Did you know that all water contains some kind of contaminant? According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), at low levels, most of these contaminants are not considered to be harmful.
But, untreated water can negatively affect the taste of your drinking water and even corrode your home’s pipes.
The good news is that there are ways to improve the water in your home and make it taste better. There are several types of water treatment systems on the market that will do this.
- Filtration: In this type of water treatment, contaminants are reduced by being trapped in the pores of a filter or by being adsorbed or broken down by the filter media contained in the system.
- Reverse osmosis: In reverse osmosis – or RO – systems the natural flow of water is reversed so that water passes from a more concentrated solution to a more diluted solution through a semi-permeable membrane. Your Arizona plumbers at Chas Roberts Air Conditioning & Plumbing can provide more information on RO systems.
- Water softeners: Water softeners use cation exchange resin, regenerated with sodium chloride or potassium chloride, to reduce an excess of calcium and magnesium from the water. This excess of calcium and magnesium is what causes hard water. These minerals are replaced with sodium or potassium ions.
- Distillation systems: These systems use steam to remove contaminants. How? Well, a distillation system heats water to the boiling point and then collects the water vapor (steam) as it condenses, leaving many of the contaminants behind.
- Ultraviolet disinfection: In these systems, ultraviolet light is used to either disinfect water or to treat non-disease causing bacteria in the water.
With so many options, how do you know what’s right for your home and your needs? The professional Arizona plumbers at Chas Roberts Air Conditioning & Plumbing can help you decide. Don’t forget – Chas’s Arizona emergency plumbers have you covered – whether it’s with a water treatment system or something as simple as a clogged drain. And right now, you can get any single drain cleaned for just $95, with a free video inspection (through February 13, 2015)!
Contact Chas Roberts today to take advantage of this special offer. Schedule an appointment online at ChasRoberts.com or call (602) 943-3426.