If you have ever paid utilities in the state, you’re well aware that Arizona air conditioning can get rather expensive. If you want to save energy, reduce your carbon footprint and save money on your electric bill, consider these five tips from Arizona air conditioning specialists Chas Roberts:
- Avoid drastic temperature changes. When leaving the house, don’t set your temperature back more than five degrees because this will cause your unit to work harder to achieve the desired temperature setting.
- Insulation is key. Check to make sure that your attic is well ventilated. Rooms under poorly ventilated attics are much hotter.
- Schedule regular maintenance for your air conditioning unit. If your A/C isn’t running efficiently, it’s operating harder than necessary for a substandard result and costing you more money. Call the Arizona air conditioning experts – Chas Roberts – for routine maintenance on your heating and cooling unit.
- Use your ceiling fans. By raising the temperature on your air conditioner a few degrees and letting the ceiling fan carry more of the load, you can cut your cooling costs.
- Consider installing a programmable thermostat. This will reduce heating and cooling in your home when you don’t need as much, thereby saving energy and money.
Chas Roberts has been serving Arizonans for 70 years. Schedule an appointment on ChasRoberts.com or call (602) 328-5066 in the Phoenix area or (520) 618-1884 in Tucson to learn more about why you should choose Chas.