Spring is here and Arizonans are enjoying some final days outside before the brutal summer temperatures roll in. With the weather so beautiful now, it’s hard to think about the hot temperatures just around the corner. But, before the heat chases everyone indoors for the summer, Arizona homeowners should assess whether there are any necessary repairs that need to be made to their Phoenix heating and air conditioning system, or, if replacement is the best option.
Repair or Replacement? How to Know the Right Way to Go
Because our state has some of the hottest summer temperatures, it makes sense that homeowners have to repair or replace their Phoenix heating and air conditioning air conditioning system sooner than someone who lives in a cooler climate. Increased run times and very high heat lead to system wear out and quicker failure.
That’s why every year, air conditioning service experts like those at Chas Roberts get asked this question: how do I know if my unit can be repaired or if I have to get a new one?
Here is some valuable information to help you decide whether a repair or Phoenix heating and air conditioning system replacement is your best option:
REPAIR is the way to go if:
- The system has been relatively trouble free and still seems to be mechanically sound.
- You plan on moving soon. You may not get your investment price from a replacement air conditioner unit when you sell your home
REPLACE is your best option if:
- The system is reaching the end of its average life span – typically 6-12 years. Making costly repairs into an older system may be throwing good money after bad.
- Your system is older than 10 years. Major improvements in efficiency have been made in newer units and could save you significant money on cooling costs.
- Risk a break down. Air conditioning systems that break down during the hot summer months may expose household members to extreme temperatures while the system is repaired or replaced.
- Anyone in your family has air quality health concerns. Indoor air quality can be improved throughout the whole house with the installation of an air conditioning unit that is the correct size and has proper duct sealing.
- You want to take advantage of attractive manufacturers’ and utility companies’ rebates. Many of the top air conditioning system manufacturers and energy companies are offering incentives to replace your air conditioner now.
- You’re not comfortable. Today’s air conditioning systems can eliminate hot and cold areas, high and low humidity, bad air quality, high utility bills, noisy indoor and outdoor equipment, and much more.
Whichever way you go, it’s important to contact a company with a track record of outstanding service on Phoenix heating and air conditioning systems, like Chas Roberts. Chas Roberts has been serving Arizona homeowners for 70 years. Schedule an appointment online today or call (602) 328-5066 in the Phoenix area or (520) 618-1884 in Tucson.