Have you ever tried making it through an Arizona summer without home air conditioning? With temperatures reaching upwards of 110 degrees, it’s not a comfortable thing to do.
Now, before the temperatures start rising, is actually a great time to have your system checked out by a licensed, reputable HVAC contractor. But how do you ensure you are picking the right provider for air conditioning repair in Phoenix?
Choosing a Contractor
Proper installation and maintenance is needed for your air conditioning system to operate safely, reliably and at maximum efficiency. Follow these tips to ensure you are working with an experienced contractor for air conditioning repair in Phoenix:
- Visit the website of the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA). Most leading residential contractors belong to this organization and the website will provide listings of cooling and heating contractors in your area.
- Look for providers who work with your energy company. For example, APS services many homes in the Phoenix area and has a list of “participating contractors” they work with. They only partner with licensed, bonded, insured contractors who complete ongoing training.
- Use a contractor who offers the latest technology. According to the American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy, less-qualified companies may not keep their employees current with the latest technology and may discourage you from purchasing high-efficiency equipment.
- Don’t just go for the lowest price. Better contractors may charge more, but they often provide greater value.
Services a Quality Contractor Provides
Reputable contractors should be able to take care of you through the life of the system, not just during the initial purchase. Look for a high-quality contractor who can do the following:
- Install new systems from top brands like Trane, Carrier, Goodman, York, Amana and Ruud.
- Repair items such as the indoor and outdoor fan motors, indoor coil, drain lines and electrical fuses.
- Provide twice annual check-ups to allow for minor issues to be diagnosed and resolved before they cause major problems.
- Offer an extended warranty for added protection once the manufacturer’s limited warranty runs out.
Chas Roberts Air Conditioning & Plumbing has been doing air conditioning repair in Phoenix AZ for more than 70 years. Schedule an appointment online or call (602) 943-3426 in Phoenix, (520) 618-1884 in Tucson or (505) 264-7257 in New Mexico.