Your time is precious. When an issue arises at home, and you need to call a professional for service, you want that appointment to go smoothly and quickly. Chas Roberts Air Conditioning and Plumbing knows that your time is valuable, and their trusted Phoenix air conditioning contractors will arrive at your home, ready to help – whether it’s the installation of a new Phoenix heating and air conditioning system, repairing your current system, or conducting a maintenance visit.
But, as the customer, there are a few simple steps you can take before the technician arrives to help the appointment go well.
- Clear a Path: If you have a ground air conditioning unit, make sure the area around is clear of debris such as weeds, furniture or children’s toys. If you have a roof-mounted unit, it would be helpful to clear the space where the technician will be placing his ladder to get onto the roof – most likely at one of the lower points of the roof, closest to the unit.
- Keep a List: Just like when you visit the doctor’s office, the Phoenix heating and air conditioning technician will ask you to present the symptoms your system is having – Is the cooling or heating uneven, with some rooms getting more cool (or hot) air than others? Is the system making unusual noises? What repairs have been made to the system in the past? It’s best to write these down ahead of time so you won’t forget and can discuss them with the technician.
- Secure Pets: Fido may make a great guard dog but that won’t mix well with the arrival of the technician. For the safety and protection of both your pets and the technician, you should secure pets in an area away from where the technician will be working.
- Be Available: It’s best if you can be available during the appointment to answer questions the technician will have. It’s also a great chance for you to ask questions of him!
- Get the Details on the Contractor: Before you let a contractor into your home to work on what is one of the most important appliances you own, take a little time to check out the contractor. Does the Phoenix air conditioning contractor have a long-standing presence in the community? Do they have positive customer feedback they can share with you or that is available on their website? Do they belong to a professional association like the Air Conditioning Contractors of America (ACCA) or the Sheet Metal and Air Conditioning Contractors’ National Association (SMACNA)? All good things to know or ask about before you hire the contractor.
Now that you know all you need to know to be prepared for a visit from an air conditioning technician, it’s time to schedule the appointment. And the good news is that Chas Roberts is offering an air conditioning system diagnostic at a special price until November 15. Contact Chas today for an appointment! Visit ChasRoberts.com or call (602) 943-3426 in Phoenix or (520) 292-6858 in Tucson.