Every Phoenician knows that next to freezing cold malls, movie theaters and swimming pools, a well air conditioned home during our summers is a must. But what happens when the air conditioning system that so exceptionally cooled your home the past 10 summers stops doing its job?
At the end of a 115-degree day, deciding whether to repair or replace your air conditioning unit is a matter of comfort, affordability and safety. That’s why Chas Roberts Air Conditioning & Plumbing has put together this simple checklist to help you decide whether to repair or replace your HVAC system:
1. Will you be moving soon? When you sell your home, you might not get the return on investment you had hoped for from a installing a new air conditioner. To save money in this situation, repair your air conditioning system, don’t replace it.
3. Is this the first problem you’ve encountered with your HVAC system? HVAC units that appear to be mechanically sound and haven’t required frequent repairs shouldn’t need to be replaced. Opt for a repair instead.
4. Do you score between 5 and 10 on the home energy yardstick? If so, don’t replace your air conditioner; it won’t cut the costs of your utility bills. In this situation – especially if you score between 7 and 10 – repair your HVAC system, don’t replace it.
1. Is your air conditioning system over 10 years old? If so, it’s time to invest in an ENERGY STAR unit. Your HVAC system has a life expectancy of about 10 years, and once it’s this old, repairing it can be like throwing money out the window. Replacing your unit could shave 20 percent off your cooling costs.
2. Is summer approaching? If you have an older unit and its required frequent repairs, it’s best to replace it before summer arrives.
3. Are financial incentives available? Many air conditioning manufacturers offer money-saving incentives in the summer. If you need to replace your unit, take advantage of these deals while they last and help lessen the financial burden of buying a new air conditioner.
4. Are your energy bills going up? An increase in your utility bills might indicate that it’s time to invest in a newer, more energy-efficient unit.
Whether your HVAC system needs a simple repair or is running on its last leg, Chas Roberts Air Conditioning & Plumbing, the largest Phoenix air conditioning service provider in Arizona, can help – contact us today! To schedule a repair or replacement appointment with one of our air conditioning specialists, visit ChasRoberts.com or call (602) 943-3426 in Phoenix, (520) 618-1884 in Tucson or (505) 264-7257 in New Mexico.