Phoenix, Arizona (April 11, 2008) – During an Arizona summer, the average air conditioning unit runs the equivalent of a car engine driving 45,000 miles. This is four times more than an air conditioning unit in Michigan or Colorado. These excessive demands are why the typical unit in Arizona has a life expectancy of between 8 and 12 years.
With the heat of summer just around the corner, Chas Roberts Air Conditioning & Heating reminds Arizona residents that it is the perfect time for an air conditioner check-up. Regular maintenance is the most effective way to ensure a unit is running efficiency and offers the best opportunity for extending its life, to ultimately save money.
Regular maintenance of your air conditioning unit provides significant benefits:
• Ability to catch problems early, preventing them from becoming bigger, and more costly with the potential of affecting your cooling ability in the hot summer months; and
• Keeps your air conditioning unit running smoothly for optimal performance.
Spring maintenance check-up includes: • Check the refrigerant levels – ensuring that you have the correct refrigerant levels is critical. Low levels are an indication of a leak, which can burn out your compressor, and result in a costly repair.
• Test electrical controls and check components – verify they are working properly by testing starting capabilities, disconnect switch, compressor amp draw, measure performance of electrical motor, voltage connections, control wiring, and main switch relay.
• Calibrate Thermostat and measure for proper air temperature readings –helps to prevent your air conditioning unit from working overtime.
• Lubricate motor as needed
• Check and regularly replace filters, verify correct size – filters should be replaced every 30 – 120 days, particularly during the hot summer months when the unit is running most frequently
• Clean condenser coils – a key factor in energy efficiency and the cooling capacity of the unit
• Check the Condenser and Line – identify possible problems and ensure that the line is clear
• Check air flow and inspect duct connections at unit
• Check outdoor fan motor bearing for wear
• Test safety controls
Signals that there is trouble: There are no reliable signals that your air conditioning unit may be about to fail. It typically just goes into failure. While regular maintenance helps to preserve a unit, once it has been functioning in Arizona for between 8 and 12 years, it is expected to be at the end of its life expectancy.
About Chas Roberts
Chas Roberts Air Conditioning has been serving Arizona homeowners since 1942. The family-owned company is focused on providing quality installations and service of heating & air conditioning systems at competitive prices for Arizona residents. The largest HVAC service provider in the state, with 8 locations including Phoenix, Scottsdale, Mesa, Queen Creek, Litchfield, Avondale Sun City, and Tucson, Chas Roberts passes along its buying power to homeowners, and backs its service with the largest call center in the state for the industry, and on-line scheduling capabilities. For more information, visit www.chasroberts.com
Save big by checking out our latest deals and financing options.
If you’re experiencing an A/C emergency, give us a call now. Our services include weekends and holidays with no additional cost.