AZ Water Filtration
Did you know that all water contains some kind of contaminant?
According to the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), low levels of most contaminants are not considered harmful. However, if untreated they can affect the taste of your drinking water and corrode your pipes.
Your Arizona water treatment solutions may differ depending on where you live. Rural and sparsely populated areas near Phoenix that are outside of an Active Management Area (AMA) are required to test for contaminates and particulates.
Arizona’s groundwater has been known to contain radioactive elements, fertilizers, fluoride, and pathogens, which can be harmful in large quantities. By performing annual water tests, individuals on well water can determine whether or not they need to install home water treatment devices.
Knowing what water filtration options are available will ensure that you have delicious and healthy drinking water on tap, regardless of where you live.
At Chas Roberts, we understand the importance of having access to healthy, contaminant-free water.
Maricopa Water Processing Systems
Chas Roberts’ technicians specialize in these Arizona water treatment systems:
- Particle Filtration: Particle filtration is used to remove traces of particles in water ranging in size from sand to clay. Particle filtration also removes well sediment.
- Activated Carbon Filtrations (Ultrafiltration): Ultrafiltration is used to remove unwanted taste and odor from water, and minimize health hazards. Ultrafiltration removes low concentrations of organic chemicals like pesticides and solvents, and can reduce the levels of radon gas and chlorine found in water. It is important to remember that ultrafiltration will not soften water or disinfect it.
- Distillation: The process of distillation removes microorganisms, minerals, and metals from water. Certain home distillation units with carbon filters have the ability to remove volatile organic chemicals. The distillation process kills bacteria, and leaves very few contaminates.
- 5 Stage Reverse Osmosis (RO): Reverse Osmosis is the most utilize water treatment Phoenix options because many residents wish to improve the taste and purity of their drinking water. RO systems produce pure and great tasting water through this intricate process. First, water enters the first stage filter where dirt, metals, and other sediments are removed. It then flows to the stage two activated carbon filter that removes bad tastes and odors, as well as herbicides, pesticides, and chemicals from the water. From there, your water travels to the third stage where the filter removes all of the particles that are larger than 1 micron. In the fourth stage, water is forced through a reverse osmosis membrane and any impure water is discarded, leaving the pure water to flow into a holding tank. From there, the water travels through the fifth and final carbon filter to create the most crisp and pure water that has ever come out of your faucet.
- Ion Exchange (Water Softening): Water softeners replace calcium with magnesium ions. Water softeners also have the ability to remove metals, but they cannot remove organic chemicals, pathogens, particles and radon gas.
- A water filtration system can make your drinking water taste better
- It will reduce the amount of contaminants in your water
- Softening Arizona’s hard water reduces harmful corrosion to pipes and appliances